What makes Old Westbury unique for golfers are the frequent elevation changes in the course, the beauty of the natural terrain and the challenges both create. The course at Old Westbury is fair and balanced and requires a mix of shots. Considered one of the best golf courses in the metropolitan area, Old Westbury has hosted several L.I.G.A. events, the M.G.A. tournament and was chosen to host the 2013 Met Open.
OLD WESTBURY RANKED 22ND IN THE 2013-2014 GOLF DIGEST BEST OF NEW YORK RATINGS.
- Three nine-hole courses: Woods, Overlook and Blue Grass, each 3550 yards in length
- Course combinations that keep play interesting; golfers can add variety by choosing among three different 18-hole combinations: Bluegrass/Overlook, Overlook/Woods or Woods/Bluegrass
- A course length over 18 holes, depending on tee option, measuring 5500 to 7200 yards
- Challenging tree-lined fairways, elevated greens and deep bunkers
- A 300-yard practice fairway
- Varying tee lengths that add variety and accommodate golfers’ proficiency levels
The golf program at Old Westbury is designed to appeal to golfers of all levels. A full calendar of men’s and ladies’ tournaments and golf events runs from May through October. Club tournaments are open to players of all abilities; a high handicapper and a seasoned golfer each has an equal chance of winning. Grouped by ability, our tournaments are a great way to meet people while competing.
Our Golf Pros
Whether you are new to golf or an accomplished golfer, regardless of your skill level, our golf pros will design a training program to make you a better player. Our pros obtain information about your swing from our Advanced Radar Trackman System. Using this data and their own intuitive knowledge, they develop instructional methods to improve your technique. The Trackman system also adds precision and accuracy to club fitting.
The Pro Shop at Old Westbury GCC offers the finest equipment, apparel and accessories. Members can drop by or phone us to schedule tee times and register for tournaments or lessons.